Hill & Mountain Skills
Walking in the hills is a great way to explore the outdoors, boost your confidence and get some exercise. We know that for people new to hill walking it can be an exciting and slightly daunting prospect which is why we’ve developed two courses designed to equip you with some basic knowledge and safety skills so that you can participate in more hill and mountain walking in your own time. (Mountain Training)
The Hills Skills course is delivered over 2 days from 08:00-16:00 in The Pentland Hills. The course covers:
- Planning – how to successfully plan a walk in the UK or Ireland
- Walking Skills – what things should you consider while out walking and what can make life easier (pace, nutrition, movement skills etc)
- Clothing and equipment – being suitably dressed and equipped can make the difference between a great day out and a complete disaster
- Weather – how it affects the hills and your day out
- Navigation in the hills – everything from selecting a compass to navigation strategies and an intro to GPS
- Environmental knowledge – how to minimise your impact on the hill and information on good practice and useful organisations
- Hazards and emergency procedures in the hills – how to respond to any hazards you encounter and what to do in an emergency
You dont have to have any experience of hill walking to attend this course. What is important is a willingness to learn and the ability to be physically active for 2 days outdoors.
We dont believe a classroom has to have walls so all our training is delivered in the hills.
There is a 1hr presentation to cover off some background information. You will be emailed details of this once booked.
The course is delivered in a very relaxed manner. Sean, your instructor, has many years experience of teaching and coaching and has the ability to adapt teachings to each individual learning style.
- Book and pay for the course
- You will be sent booking confirmation, kit list and joining instructions
- Sean will set you up with a free account on Mountain Training. Details will be emailed to you
For more information on the course please either:
- Call Sean on 07952435580
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our Contact form by clicking here
Visit Mountain Training website by clicking here